To develop globally-competent chemical engineering graduates who possess both knowledge and practical skills for Thailand and overseas.
Length of study
Number of credits
At least 141 credits
Tuition fee and major fee are approximately 65,000 - 70,000 THB per semester.
Curriculum structure and study plan
- Social Sciences and Humanities 15 Credits
- Languages 9 Credits
- Basic Science and Mathematics 6 Credits
- Core Courses 45 Credits
- Basic Mathematics and Science 21 Credits
- Basic Engineering 24 Credits
- Required Courses 53 Credits
- Elective Courses 6 Credits
Opportunities for our students
- Students who achieve a satisfactory completion of 2 years of study on this program will be eligible to transfer and entry into Level 3 of BEng (Chemical Engineering) program at the University of Strathclyde, UK. The students will also be awarded a scholarship equating to 15% of the standard overseas feed rate (approximately 18,000 GBP per year) annually. For more information on BEng (Chemical Engineering) program at the University of Strathclyde, please see https://www.strath.ac.uk/courses/undergraduate/chemicalengineeringbeng/
- Students have opportunities to take internship programs with our partner institutions, e.g. University of Strathclyde (UK), Kyoto University (Japan), Universiti Putra Malaysia (Malaysia), and University of North Texas (USA).
- Students would enjoy research collaborations with national, but world-class, institutions, naming Department of Biomedical Engineering (MU) Electrical Engineering (MU), Faculty of Pharmacy (MU), Department of Food and Bioprocess Engineering (AIT), Department of Chemistry, King Mongkut's Institute of Technology Ladkrabang (KMITL), the Government Pharmaceutical Organization (GPO), Center of Excellence in Particle Technology (CU), National Electronics and Computer Technology Center (NECTEC).
- Have earned a Mathayom 6 Secondary Education Diploma approved by the Ministry of Education of Thailand. Applicants who graduated from an international school in Thailand or abroad must have finished Grade 12 or A level. Note: Applicants must have taken Chemistry, Physics and Math courses in high school in any kind of curriculum.
- Achieve one of the following standard examination scores:
Examination Minimum requirement PAT 2 and PAT 3 of Year 2017 Not less than the national average score of that test SAT Not less than 1650 (with a Math score of at least 580) GSCE/IGSCE A level Not less than C (the applicant must take Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry)
- Meet the English proficiency requirement by achieving a minimum score of one of the following English proficiency exams:
• IELTS Academic Test5.5• TOEFL Paper-based (TOEFL-ITP)513• TOEFL Computer-based (TOEFL-CBT)183• TOEFL Internet-based (TOEFL-IBT)65• MU Grad Test66(For more information on MU Grad Test, please click here)
Note: The examination must have been taken no more than 2 years before the interview date. The applicant may submit the original of official test scores that meet the minimum requirement on the interview date.
- Have no medical condition, disability, mental condition, alcoholism or addiction to narcotics or any substance abuse, color blind, or non-communicable diseases without any preventive or controlled treatment, e.g. epilepsy, heart disease, high-blood pressure, nephropathy or diabetes, which may interfere during education.
How to Apply?
- Complete an online application form.
- Upload documents (in .PDF, .doc, or .jpg) to support your application. (Please see the required documents)
- Please pay the application fee of 600 baht by making a transfer to the following account:
Bank NameSiam Commercial BankBranchMahidol UniversityAccount NameFaculty of EngineeringAccount Number333-200020-3Transfer via internet banking is acceptable.
Please note the application fee is non-refundable.
- Send the copy of bank deposit slip to email@example.com before 21 July 2017. Please keep the original copy of deposit slip.
- Certificate showing the completion of high school degree e.g. Mathayom 6 Secondary Education Diploma approved by the Ministry of Education of Thailand, Grade 12 or Year 13. (Evidence of completion of high school education.)
- Certified copy of the most recent transcript showing the applicant’s grades in Math, Physics and Chemistry during high school
- A photocopy of identification card and house registration (Thai residents only) or a photocopy of passport (non-Thai applicants)
- 1x1 inch, straight-faced photo
- A photocopy of a change of name/last name certificate (only if different from name/last name in the documents required for application).
- Official report of one of the following tests:
- PAT 2 and PAT 3
- Official report of one of the following English proficiency tests:
- MU Grad Test
- Statement of purpose (200-300 words) expressing the purpose of study in chemical engineering program and expected careers.
- Certificate from the government hospital to certify that the applicant has no health conditions, or color blind, which may interfere during education.
- PAT2 and PAT3 scores, or SAT score, or GCSE/IGCSE "A" level
- English proficiency test score
- Interview score
|Application period||22 June – 21 July 2017||www.eg.mahidol.ac.th/dept/egche/|
|Announcement of interview shortlist||25 July 2017||Faculty of Engineering, and www.eg.mahidol.ac.th/dept/egche/|
|Interview||31 July 2017||Faculty of Engineering, Building 1|
|Acceptance notification||2 August 2017||Faculty of Engineering, and www.eg.mahidol.ac.th/dept/egche/|
|Registration||3-8 August 2017||To be announced|
|Semester starts||21 August 2017||Faculty of Engineering, Building 1|